At Duvall Homes, we celebrate our volunteers – individuals and groups of individuals – who so generously give of their time and talent, enthusiasm and expertise. With your help we are able to accomplish great things we are often unable to achieve on our own. Your support makes all the difference in the lives of the people we serve and with deepest appreciation we thank you!
If you’re thinking about getting involved, please review the many options below to learn more about available volunteer opportunities.
- Volunteers must be at least 18 years old. (Exceptions may be made for students under age 18 from our partner schools, working to acquire community service hours; DeLand High School, Deltona High School, Pine Ridge High School and University High School. Be sure to check with your guidance counselor before contacting us.)
- Volunteers must complete an application, which can be downloaded here or picked up at the Welcome Center located on our main campus at 3395 Grand Ave., Glenwood, FL.
Build philanthropy into your organization’s culture by giving back as a team. Group volunteer projects are available Monday to Friday, throughout the year, on a limited basis. Some weekend projects may be considered. Our projects are a great team-building vehicle and leadership exercise. Join us for projects like some of those listed below:
- Landscape Projects at one of our sixteen group homes
- Painting projects, both interior and exterior
- Company and organization-wide collection drives are especially helpful during the holidays. Contact us for more information about particular items we may need. (Medtronic donates to Duvall Homes)
- Other Ways to Give
There are many ways and projects in which just one person can make a significant impact:
- Offer professional products, resources and services
- Offer professional expertise by participating in educational programs and speaking engagements
- Volunteer to help with special events
- Serve on our Board of Regents
Duvall Homes Residents Volunteer, too!
We are all about creating new opportunities for the those we serve. If your business or organization is looking for volunteers, you may find that we can help. Contact us with project information and we just might be the perfect fit to fill your needs.
If you’re interested in becoming a Duvall Homes’ Volunteer, please complete this Volunteer Application Form and bring it, or mail it, to 3395 Grand Avenue Glenwood, FL 32722.
More resident Community Outreach & Volunteering stories
Other ways to Get Involved